Scientific Advisory Board
The board is responsible for:
- setting policy, and reviewing significant ethical and cultural matters
- encouraging strong clinical and scientific input from academics
- Scientific leadership and strategic advice, and reviewing applications for the use of tissues
- ensuring tissue banking activities are of the highest standard, and that these activities meet the expectations of the funders and relevant stakeholders
- decision-making on whether tissue and clinical information should be provided for approved research projects
- ensuring the ARTB incorporates tikanga Māori and Māori participation in governance and kaitiakitunga. The ARTB follows the principles outlined in He Tangata Kei Tua ‒ Guidelines for Biobanking with Māori.